Subject: Re: bug#62008: [PATCH 0/2] Update Disarchive to 0.5.0

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 10:49:02 +0100

Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/backup.scm (disarchive)[arguments]: Add phase after install
> to wrap program.
> [inputs]: Add guile-gcrypt and guile-lzma.
> [propagated-inputs]: Remove it.

For this package, I have a slight preference for keeping propagated
inputs so that one can use Disarchive as a library.

WDYT?

Some comments while at it…

[...]

> +              (let* ((effective
> +                      (read (open-pipe* OPEN_READ
> +                                        (string-append #$guile-3.0 "/bin/guile")
> +                                        "-c" "(write (effective-version))")))

(guix build guile-build-system) exports ‘target-guile-effective-version’
to do that; it’s more convenient.

> +                     (modules (list #$output
> +                                    #$guile-bytestructures
> +                                    #$guile-gcrypt
> +                                    #$guile-lzma))

This should use (this-package-input "guile-bytestructures“) and similar,
for consistency.

Ludo’.