Subject: Re: [bug#61989] [PATCH 00/11] Adding Gocryptfs (feature branch)

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:17:24 -0400

On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 10:51:51AM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> As it currently stands on master, go-1.19 doesn't build for ppc64le. I
> mentioned on IRC that it looks like the 'patch-gcc:lib phase in go-1.17
> but for ppc64le, but after trying a few different combinations it looks
> to me more like the test failures on aarch64 (which I haven't looked at
> in forever).
> 
> Looking at it I'm convinced that we are missing patching something on
> our end, and that these tests are probably supposed to pass.
> 
> My suggestion is to skip the tests on go-1.17+ on ppc64le and adjust the
> note that all the listed architectures should have their test suite
> reviewed to figure out what we're missing. There's something about the
> internal linking on non-x86 architectures that needs investigating.

Okay, thanks for taking a look. Since this failure exists on master, I
don't think that fixing it is in scope for this branch, although it
certainly should be fixed. Or we disable the support on ppc64le for now.