Subject: [bug#61989] [PATCH 00/11] Adding Gocryptfs (feature branch)

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 20:54:28 -0500

On Thu, Mar 09, 2023 at 04:21:20PM -0800, Felix Lechner wrote:
> I did mention the Cuirass question on IRC as you had asked, but no one
> seemed to remember. Then I addressed the Haskell failure by responding
> to a recent thread about that upload. [2] By your reply, I know that
> you saw my message.

Thanks for working on those leads!

In my reply to your message regarding Haskell, I CC-ed Mathieu Othacehe,
who is relatively active developing Cuirass and assists with operations
on ci.guix.gnu.org.  Let's see if he replies.

I do see that on ci.guix.gnu.org, we are running Cuirass
1.1.0-13.1341725, which should respect the max-silent-time property.
According to NEWS, this was added in Cuirass 1.0.0.

One might consider trying to debug a local installation of Cuirass, to
see if it actually respects this property. Imagine a test package that
sleeps for 10 seconds in a build phase but has a max-silent-time of 5.

In the meantime, I would check that gocryptfs is working satisfactorily
based on the branch.

I was surprised that Cuirass tried to build GHC and all these R packages
as a result of these patches. Do you know if these packages (e.g. GHC)
depend on Go somehow?