Subject: bug#6198: log-edit-insert-changelog option for file-names relative to top-level

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 20:12:02 -0400

Package: emacs
Severity: wishlist

I really wish there was an option that I could set such that
log-edit-insert-changelog would write file names relative to the
top-level directory of the repository I am working in.

Example from Emacs repository:

I have modified lisp/Makefile.in, src/Makefile.in, and lib-src/Makefile.in.
I write my ChangeLog entries, and use C-c C-a in the VC-log buffer to
extract a commit message. It looks like:

Makefile.in: foo

Makefile.in: bar

Makefile.in: qux

This (names relative to location of ChangeLog) is kind of dumb.
I would like it to look like:

lisp/Makefile.in: foo

src/Makefile.in: bar

lib-src/Makefile.in: qux

Ie, have paths relative to the top-level directory with the .bzr
directory in it. At present, I edit the commit buffer by hand.

Possible starting point:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-01/msg00911.html