Subject: Re: bug#61976: [elpa/yasnippet] [PATCH] Fix compilation warnings in Emacs 29

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 01:59:17 +0200

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> People, I have to say I don't pay much attention to yasnippet these days.
> I'm not the maintainer anymore, but Noam has also been absent for quite some
> time.  I think it's time I archive the repository and it lives on in
> elpa.git.
>
> Then you can push this and all and other patches there.

Another alternative would be to see if there's anyone in the community
that's willing to take over its maintenance, if Noam is indeed no
longer up for it.  I think the cool kids these days put up an
advertisement on Reddit, or something like that.  The less hip option
is to announce it in the project README.  As we were recently reminded
on emacs-devel, you could even send some link to Sacha for the Emacs
newsletter.

Whichever way you decide to go, there are a couple of probably
easy-to-merge patches in the pull requests on GitHub.  Maybe you'd
want to click "Merge" on a few of those first.