Subject: Re: bug#61973: M-x gdb ends up with infinite prompts before starting the process

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 00:48:59 +0200

On 06/03/2023 20:22, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 17:26:08 +0200
>> Cc:[email-masked]
>> From: Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>
>>
>> On 05/03/2023 17:19, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> This confirms my suspicion: we don't recognize the situation
>>> where GDB waits for a response, and interpret your "y" response as a
>>> GDB command.
>> First of all, though, it sends the debuginfod-related prompt to me 12
>> times. I'm guessing that's because there is some scenario running
>> internally that tries to send some other commands to GDB while it's
>> waiting for a particular response (y/n), so it repeats the question 11
>> times instead of reacting to those commands.
> Could you please try the patch below?  I don't have access to a system
> where GDB can actually download the files from debuginfod servers, so
> I could test this only partially.  Please test all the 3 possible
> values of the new defcustom gdb-debuginfod-enable-setting.  TIA.

Looking good! Thank you.

I have tries all 3 possible values, and the behavior looks as expected. 
With 't', I even see a small delay when launching the process, 
presumably from contacting some debuginfo server.

I haven't been able to verify that the debuginfo stuff is actually 
working (nor sure where to look), but the basic functionality is now okay.