Subject: [bug#61968] [PATCH gnome-team v4 0/8] Update GNOME Builder to 44.2.

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:58:06 +0100

Le jeudi 16 novembre 2023 à 22:04 +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler a
écrit :
> > GNOME Builder starts, but unfortunately flatpak is broken on my
> > side.
> > However, it can build out of flatpak.
> What does "build out of flatpak" mean here?
Now I realize it may not mean anything, sorry.

I wanted to say, you can switch your compilation target. By default, it
tries to build with flatpak. For that, it requires a SDK and runtime
that it tries to install through flatpak.

Unfortunately, flatpak fails to do anything on my computer, throwing:

    error: open(O_TMPFILE): Permission denied

To be fair, I did some experimental activities with my flatpak
installation, when trying to build guix packages as flatpaks.  It did
not turn very successful, and things must be deeply broken now on my
computer.  I should investigate, but let’s say I’m not in the mood
right now.

Anyway, regarding gnome-builder, you can switch your compilation target
to “Default”, and then your project compiles with the dependencies that
are available on the system.  Thus, “out of flatpak”.

Vivien