Subject: Re: bug#61968: [PATCH 0/7] Update GNOME Builder

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 06:22:59 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 16.03.2023 um 22:56 +0100 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> Hello,
> 
> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:
> > It still reports some build errors (are those cached by chance?),
> > but more importantly, there are new profile collisions.
> 
> We don’t see at <https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/61968> which package
> those lint warnings relate to.
True, but gnome-builder is not the only package changed here, gnome-
text-editor and gnome-calculator are too.

> If those warnings are not for ‘gnome-builder’ itself, then that’s
> probably fine in that one can still install ‘gnome-builder’ in their
> profile.
It turns out that both gnome-text-editor and gnome-calculator fail to
find the improperly propagated glib-next.  Speaking of which, a stable
glib 2.76.0 has been released, that we should probably use everywhere,
but that'd require a lot of rebuilds.  Should we do a gnome-team
branch, so that we can do this in one nice swoop?

(Apropos gnome-team, there isn't a formal gnome team yet, but I think
one should be formed covering gnome.scm, gnome-xyz.scm and
gstreamer.scm, perhaps glib-or-gtk-build-system and meson-build-system
as well.)

Cheers