Subject: Re: bug#61967: guix pack error with python packages

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 22:43:58 -0500

Hi Josselin,

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> If you send it *after* the core-updates merge (to core-updates)? It's
>> going to be quite a while before it lands to master.  Perhaps you could
>> send it now?  core-updates is the right branch for mass rebuilds.
>
> I think we are trying to move away from the massive core-updates branch
> and rather work with feature branches instead, although the pending
> core-updates merge is blocking the change for now.  I don't want to add
> yet more work for people courageously working on core-updates right now.

Perhaps I'm out of the loop, but in my book the main branches should
never close.  If there's a need to freeze the state of one the three
main branches new development branches can be created.  This was
discussed in the past.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim