Subject: bug#61965: Incorrect Italian translation of hints

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 10:03:34 +0100

Hi Luigi,

Luigi Salamone <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Now "guix system search KEYWORD" works! But... guix install hello:
>
> hint: Backtrace: 16 (primitive-load
> "/home/anonymous/.config/guix/current/b…") In guix/ui.scm: 2300:7 15
> (run-guix . _) 2263:10 14 (run-guix-command _ . _) In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
> 1752:10 13 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _) In guix/status.scm:
> 851:3 12 (_) 831:4 11 (call-with-status-report _ _) In guix/store.scm:
> 1300:8 10 (call-with-build-handler _ _) 1300:8 9 (call-with-build-handler #
> …) In guix/build/syscalls.scm: 1442:3 8 (_) 1408:4 7
> (call-with-file-lock/no-wait "/var/guix/profiles/per-u…" …) In
> guix/scripts/package.scm: 325:7 6 (build-and-use-profile _
> "/var/guix/profiles/per-user/…" …) In guix/ui.scm: 325:5 5 (display-hint _
> #:port _ . _) 1473:24 4 (texi->plain-text _) In texinfo.scm: 1132:22 3
> (parse _) 967:36 2 (loop # (*fragment*) # …) 92:2 1 (command-spec _) In
> ice-9/boot-9.scm: 1685:16 0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception: Throw to key
> `parser-error' with args `(#f "Unknown command" esempio)'.

That’s a similar bug, this time in the ‘guix’ gettext domain.  Julien?

Should we have a “TRANSLATORS” command somewhere explaining that Texinfo
command names (like @example) must not be translated?

More importantly, should we have a tool on our side to validate all the
Texinfo strings that appear in .po files?  I’m not entirely sure how to
do that.

Ludo’.