Subject: Re: bug#61965: Commands like "guix system search KEYWORD" don't work with locale it_IT.utf8

From: Luigi Salamone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 20:43:59 +0000

Hi Ludo!
Hi Julien!

Now "guix system search KEYWORD" works! But... guix install hello:

hint: Backtrace: 16 (primitive-load
"/home/anonymous/.config/guix/current/b…") In guix/ui.scm: 2300:7 15
(run-guix . _) 2263:10 14 (run-guix-command _ . _) In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
1752:10 13 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _) In guix/status.scm:
851:3 12 (_) 831:4 11 (call-with-status-report _ _) In guix/store.scm:
1300:8 10 (call-with-build-handler _ _) 1300:8 9 (call-with-build-handler #
…) In guix/build/syscalls.scm: 1442:3 8 (_) 1408:4 7
(call-with-file-lock/no-wait "/var/guix/profiles/per-u…" …) In
guix/scripts/package.scm: 325:7 6 (build-and-use-profile _
"/var/guix/profiles/per-user/…" …) In guix/ui.scm: 325:5 5 (display-hint _
#:port _ . _) 1473:24 4 (texi->plain-text _) In texinfo.scm: 1132:22 3
(parse _) 967:36 2 (loop # (*fragment*) # …) 92:2 1 (command-spec _) In
ice-9/boot-9.scm: 1685:16 0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception: Throw to key
`parser-error' with args `(#f "Unknown command" esempio)'.

Thanks!

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 10:47 PM Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Luigi,
>
> Luigi Salamone <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
> > I'm unable to use guix commands like "guix system search KEYWORD".
> > No problem if I run the commend with LANG=LC_ALL.
>
> [...]
>
> > ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> > Throw to key `parser-error' with args `(#f "Unknown command" dnf)'.
>
> I believe Tobias (Cc’d) fixed this and related issues a couple of days
> ago in 0609ae7897b025f46822779d0c5c36509cb0180f and
> 4775460ba9a60c3c09966216da10686a70b8fadb.
>
> Julien: We’ll have to make sure these changes reach Weblate.  :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.
>