Subject: bug#61962: 30.0.50; New trouble with symbols with positions

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 17:18:43 +0100

Hello,

since a couple of days, maybe around a week, master builds bug me with
symbols with positions again.

Here is a recipe for emacs -Q (dunno, there may be much simpler and
shorter recipes, didn't try):

Save this into a file:

Visit and M-x eval-buffer.  M-: (test) yields xxx as expected.

But now compile (C-c C-b) and M-: (test) unexpectedly (I guess?)
yields (#<symbol xxx at 63>), a symbol with position.

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version
 1.16.0) of 2023-03-04 built on drachen
Repository revision: 1b726f26986fa54751f613d1e332fd20c705e17f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
ZLIB