Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Add some Asahi Linux packages

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 18:38:29 +0100

Thank you for the patches.

Here a couple of comments:

* Please do not use Github archive URLs like
  "https://github.com/AsahiLinux/m1n1/archive/v….tar.gz".  These are
  automatically generated and have changed in the past, leading to
  different hashes.  In the interest of reproducibility please use
  “git-fetch” with plain commit hashes instead.

* Please use G-expressions instead of simple quoting with (assoc-ref
  outputs "out").  Instead of this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
    (arguments
     `(#:phases
       (modify-phases %standard-phases
         (replace 'configure
           (lambda _
             (setenv "RELEASE" "1")))
         (replace 'install
           (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
             (let ((dir (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out") "/libexec/")))
               (mkdir-p dir)
               (copy-file "build/m1n1.bin" (string-append dir "m1n1.bin")))))
         ;; There are no tests
         (delete 'check))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

  Please do this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
    (arguments
     (list
      ;; There are no tests
      #:tests? #false
      #:phases
      #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
         (replace 'configure
           (lambda _
             (setenv "RELEASE" "1")))
         (replace 'install
           (lambda _
             (let ((dir (string-append #$output "/libexec/")))
               (mkdir-p dir)
               (copy-file "build/m1n1.bin" (string-append dir "m1n1.bin"))))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

  This also applies to “asahi-fwextract”.

* The string labels for inputs are a deprecated style.  Please use plain
  lists of package variables.  If you want to modify an inherited list
  of inputs such as in “asahi-mesa” please use “modify-inputs”.

* In “asahi-fwextract” the build phase “'remove-vendor” should be a
  source snippet instead.

* Please use pyproject-build-system instead of python-build-system.  The
  pyproject-build-system is going to be the default in the future, and
  it would be good to use it already to address any incompatibilities
  early.

Could you please send a new version of this patch set?  Thanks again!

-- 
Ricardo