Subject: Re: bug#6194: bug: pwd

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:02:15 -0600

eran shaham wrote:
> the remark that was on
> $ help pwd
> pwd: pwd [-LP]
> ...
> It would save other people bothering you on that subject :-)

Well, that documentation comes from 'bash' and we have no control over
it here.  But 'help' is a bash command and so all of the documentation
from it is about bash.  I don't think it needs more.

The coreutils man page says:

       NOTE:  your shell may have its own version of pwd, which usually super‐
       sedes the version described here.  Please refer to your  shell’s  docu‐
       mentation for details about the options it supports.

And the info documentation says:

     Because most shells have a built-in `pwd' command, using an
  unadorned `pwd' in a script or interactively may get you different
  functionality than that described here.

So...  I think we are covered there! :-)

Closing the bug ticket.

Bob