Subject: bug#61938: No console messages with offload inferior

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:47:34 -0500

I see no console messages when running an offload build from a
manifest containing an inferior. It's only when the inferior is
included that the logging disappears. A sample manifest exhibiting the
issue:

$ guix build --system=aarch64-linux --manifest=test.scm

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(use-modules
 (guix channels)
 (guix inferior))

(define channels
  (list (channel
         (name 'guix)
         (url "https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git")
         (commit
          "312f1f41d3f3f3e5d2c36ff46920c6dce1c21a17"))))

(define (pinned-version name)
  (car (lookup-inferior-packages (inferior-for-channels channels) name)))

(packages->manifest
 `(,(pinned-version "ungoogled-chromium")))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---