Subject: Re: bug#61936: Wish list: Tree-sitter support for GAP

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 07:20:46 +0100

Hei, Tor!

Tor Kringeland <[email-masked]> writes:

> GAP is a computer algebra system (CAS) used in various areas of math.
>
> There is already `gap-mode.el' [1] but it is not included in Emacs.

I see no reason not to support this in Emacs.  I do not know or use GAP
myself, but I'd be happy to review a patch adding it.  If you want to
make an attempt, I'd suggest to look at some of the simpler tree sitter
modes, such as java-ts-mode.el, and go from there.  The grammar file is
only ~350 lines, so I suspect support for it will only run in at less
than half the size of java-ts-mode.el :-)

>
> A tree-sitter module is available for GAP [2].
>
>
> - [1] https://gitlab.com/gvol/gap-mode
>
> - [2] https://github.com/fingolfin/tree-sitter-gap

Theo