Subject: 29.0.60; Eglot always pads inlay hints

From: Johann Klähn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 23:45:10 +0100

Open a new file.
M-x rust-ts-mode
M-x eglot  (with rust-analyzer)
M-x eglot-inlay-hints-mode
Insert:
  fn example(xyz: i32) {}
  fn main() {
      let x = 5;
      example(x);
  }

We see:
  let x : i32 = 5;
  example( xyz: x);

Instead of the expected:
  let x: i32 = 5;
  example(xyz: x);

The server sends
  - :paddingLeft = :json-false, :paddingRight = :json-false
  - :paddingLeft = :json-false, :paddingRight = t

So instead of ‘(and paddingLeft …)’, ‘eglot--update-hints-1’ should check for
‘:json-false’: ‘(and (not (eq paddingLeft :json-false)) …)’.
Cf. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2023-02/msg01001.html.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-02-26 built on toolbox
Repository revision: 68d753e3712fdd91fcdc306517ced3321d07a9d1
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201008
System Description: Fedora Linux 37 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-tiff --with-xpm --with-gpm=no --with-modules --with-harfbuzz
 --with-cairo --with-json --with-native-compilation
 --enable-link-time-optimization --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches
 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -fstack-protector-strong -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Rust

Minor modes in effect:
  eglot-inlay-hints-mode: t
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils mule-util display-line-numbers edebug derived misearch
multi-isearch vc bug-reference time-date eglot external-completion array
filenotify jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug backtrace find-func xref
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt compile text-property-search comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
password-cache json map url-vars project byte-opt imenu pcase
rust-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq
cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 172016 17902)
 (symbols 48 13203 0)
 (strings 32 37784 3539)
 (string-bytes 1 1173067)
 (vectors 16 33203)
 (vector-slots 8 1254476 144465)
 (floats 8 69 32)
 (intervals 56 1140 0)
 (buffers 984 21))