Subject: bug#61922: closed (Re: bug#61922: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Fixes out of sync counters in image-dired)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 10:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61922: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Fixes out of sync counters in image-dired

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61922: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61922
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61922: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Fixes out of sync counters in image-dired
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 12:02:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 18:30:01 +0100
> From:  Manuel Giraud via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Here is a patch that fixes out sync behaviour of counters in
> image-dired.

Thanks, installed on master.

Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Fixes out of sync counters in image-dired
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 18:30:01 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Here is a patch that fixes out sync behaviour of counters in
image-dired.
>From c560f7c564f89037a39cccc94277125514141d3e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 17:53:26 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Fixes out of sync counters in image-dired

* lisp/image/image-dired.el (image-dired-delete-char): Update
thumbnails counter upon deletion.
(image-dired--update-header-line): Compute thumbnail index
dynamically.
(image-dired-insert-thumbnail): Remove now unused image-number
text property.
---
 lisp/image/image-dired.el | 23 +++++++++++++----------
 1 file changed, 13 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/image/image-dired.el b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
index 6ecb307ce12..b13b3e08ce2 100644
--- a/lisp/image/image-dired.el
+++ b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
@@ -424,11 +424,10 @@ image-dired--get-create-thumbnail-file
                          (file-name-nondirectory thumb-file)))
     thumb-file))
 
-(defun image-dired-insert-thumbnail ( file original-file-name
-                           associated-dired-buffer image-number)
+(defun image-dired-insert-thumbnail (file original-file-name
+                                          associated-dired-buffer)
   "Insert thumbnail image FILE.
-Add text properties ORIGINAL-FILE-NAME, ASSOCIATED-DIRED-BUFFER
-and IMAGE-NUMBER."
+Add text properties ORIGINAL-FILE-NAME, ASSOCIATED-DIRED-BUFFER."
   (let (beg end)
     (setq beg (point))
     (image-dired-insert-image
@@ -452,7 +451,6 @@ image-dired-insert-thumbnail
            'keymap nil
            'original-file-name original-file-name
            'associated-dired-buffer associated-dired-buffer
-           'image-number image-number
            'tags (image-dired-list-tags original-file-name)
            'mouse-face 'highlight
            'comment (image-dired-get-comment original-file-name)))))
@@ -587,8 +585,8 @@ image-dired-display-thumbs
         (dolist (file files)
           (when (string-match-p (image-dired--file-name-regexp) file)
             (image-dired-insert-thumbnail
-             (image-dired--get-create-thumbnail-file file) file dired-buf
-             (cl-incf image-dired--number-of-thumbnails)))))
+             (image-dired--get-create-thumbnail-file file) file dired-buf)
+            (cl-incf image-dired--number-of-thumbnails))))
       (if (> image-dired--number-of-thumbnails 0)
           (if do-not-pop
               (display-buffer buf)
@@ -789,7 +787,10 @@ image-dired--update-header-line
     (let ((file-name (image-dired-original-file-name))
           (dired-buf (buffer-name (image-dired-associated-dired-buffer)))
           (image-count (format "%s/%s"
-                               (get-text-property (point) 'image-number)
+                               ;; Line-up adds one space between two
+                               ;; images: this formula takes this into
+                               ;; account.
+                               (1+ (/ (point) 2))
                                image-dired--number-of-thumbnails))
           (props (string-join (get-text-property (point) 'tags) ", "))
           (comment (get-text-property (point) 'comment))
@@ -1127,10 +1128,12 @@ image-dired-delete-char
   "Remove current thumbnail from thumbnail buffer and line up."
   (interactive nil image-dired-thumbnail-mode)
   (let ((inhibit-read-only t))
-    (delete-char 1))
+    (delete-char 1)
+    (cl-decf image-dired--number-of-thumbnails))
   (let ((pos (point)))
     (image-dired--line-up-with-method)
-    (goto-char pos)))
+    (goto-char pos)
+    (image-dired--update-header-line)))
 
 (defun image-dired-line-up ()
   "Line up thumbnails according to `image-dired-thumbs-per-row'.
-- 
2.39.1

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.8) of 2023-03-02 built on computer
Repository revision: 3a247224d881b3a2f82d0d9accb5b2934975926d
Repository branch: mgi/image-dired-out-of-sync
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#1052 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug pulse magit-patch goto-addr image-file
image-converter image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util magit-extras face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff
git-commit log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-section magit-utils dash vc-dir ewoc sh-script executable vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util make-mode vc emacs-news-mode reveal texinfo
texinfo-loaddefs pascal org-indent idlwave idlwave-help idlw-help
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi vc-hg conf-mode css-mode treesit smie sgml-mode facemenu
imenu eww xdg url-queue mm-url autorevert filenotify vc-git diff-mode
bug-reference gnus-dired paredit edmacro time battery exwm-randr
xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb
exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
xcb-debug kmacro server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes ytdious mingus
libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace transmission color calc-bin
calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs w3m-load supercite regi
ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase
timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func org-version
org-compat org-macs visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table
erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep
slime-tramp tramp rx tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit
cus-load wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
icons pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads view mule-util cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays holiday-loaddefs vc-dispatcher vc-svn appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-aux
dired-x dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode
desktop frameset osm-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads compat-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 740494 71895)
 (symbols 48 58678 2)
 (strings 32 192705 13817)
 (string-bytes 1 6105078)
 (vectors 16 114756)
 (vector-slots 8 2283145 119733)
 (floats 8 1042 350)
 (intervals 56 17238 988)
 (buffers 984 117))

-- 
Manuel Giraud