Subject: bug#6192: 24.0.50; eldoc-mode: unexpected recentering

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:31:52 +0200

On Mon, 17 May 2010 12:21:50 +0200 Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:47, Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> In short, this bug now boils down to this: the echo area resizes with
>> certain fonts (including DejaVu Sans Mono) when it displays a message
>> that includes bold face.  Whether this is a bug in Emacs or the
>> problematic fonts, I don't know.
>>
>> Do you (or Eli or some other Windows user) have DejaVu Sans Mono, and if
>> so, do you see the resizing when you use it?
>
> With
>
>   emacs -Q -fn "DejaVu Sans Mono-10"
>   C-y    ; to paste   (message (propertize "test" 'face 'bold))
>   C-j
>
> I see the message "test", but no resizing.

Ok, then Windows seems to be immune to this bug.  Is it only a GTK+
problem, or can anyone confirm it on a non-Windows platform with a
non-GTK+ toolkit?  (When I have time, I'll try building without GTK+,
but maybe someone can chime in before then.)

Steve Berman