Subject: bug#61918: Filenames starting with hash interpreted as social references

From: John Cummings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 16:29:50 +0000

I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 28.2
        Hyperbole:   9.0.0
        Sys Type:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
        OS Type:     gnu/linux
        Window Sys:  None
        News Reader: Gnus v5.13
        Install:     elpa-devel, 8.0.1pre0.20230227.3018
(HyDebug) ButProps: (variable-documentation "The currently selected Hyperbole button.  Available to action routines." lbl-key "#abc" lbl-start 11596 lbl-end 11600 categ ibtypes::social-reference loc #<buffer *shell*> dir "/home/emacs/shellbug/examples/social/" actype social-reference args ("" "#" "abc"))

Given:
In a shell buffer, an ls command is run, and one of the filenames
starts with a hash character, e.g. '#abc' or, in the format of an
Emacs autosave filename: '#abc#'. (The quotes are not part of the
filename.)

Expectation:
The Hyperbole smart keys will prioritize interpreting this as a
filename. The action key will open that file.

Actual behavior
The action key, and hkey-help, interpret them as social media
references, and in my case, the action key does nothing. The HyDebug
message included above was generated when I used the action key on a
filename '#abc#', so it may also be interesting to note that the 
trailing hash character is dropped somewhere along the way.