Subject: bug#62446: closed (Re: bug#61917: 29.0.60; native compilation issues)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 13:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61917: 30.0.50; error when loading yasnippet package

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61917: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61917
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61917: 29.0.60; native compilation issues
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Naofumi Yasufuku <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Al Haji-Ali <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 13:32:25 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Naofumi Yasufuku <[email-masked]> writes:

> Naofumi Yasufuku <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
> [..snip..]
>>>
>>> Okay ab4273056e0 should be a better (and safer) fix for this bug, I
>>> pushed it now to 29.  This time hopefully it does not cause
>>> regressions...
>>>
>>> Bests
>>>
>>>   Andrea
>>
>> Thank you.  I will try ;-)
>>
>
> Hi Andrea,
>
> I've confirmed that my build of emacs-29 ab4273056e0 works well.
> Thank you very much for your great work.
>
> - Recompiled all .elc and .eln successfully.
>
> - .eln issues of both yasnippet and ddskk (Japanese input method) have gone.
>   They are successfully loaded, and work without any problem.

Wonderful, thank you very much for reporting!

Closing this then.

Bests

  Andrea

Subject: 30.0.50; error when loading yasnippet package
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:19:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Newly compiled emacs-master. When adding yasnippet with
(use-package), I get the following error message

Error in post-command-hook (yas--post-command-handler):
(wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr signal> 1) [2 times]

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-03-25 built on 58b7241bff52
Repository revision: db7e95531ac36ae842787b6c5f2859d0642c78cc
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=30 --with-json --with-x
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo --with-compress-install
 --with-modules=yes --with-threads --with-included-regex --with-zlib
 --with-tree-sitter=ifavailable --with-native-compilation 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/home/paag/emacs=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-tab-line-mode: t
  tab-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/paag/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20230323.1312/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/cmake-mode-3.22.1/cmake-mode
/home/paag/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20230323.1312/cmake-mode-pkg hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/cmake-mode-3.22.1/cmake-mode-pkg
/home/paag/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20230323.1312/cmake-mode-autoloads
hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/cmake-mode-3.22.1/cmake-mode-autoloads
~/.emacs.d/lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils yasnippet company-keywords company-files
company-yasnippet company-capf company-latex-aux company silkworm-theme
cycle-appearance tex-mode tab-line group-tab-line-mode dbus xml
synctex-dbus track-change texlog-mode tramp-interactive tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp format-spec gnuplot info-look
flymake-yamllint flymake-proc flymake project yaml-pro yaml-pro-edit
treesit yaml cmake-mode thingatpt rst compile text-property-search
comint ansi-osc ansi-color derived indent-tools yafolding s hydra ring
lv indent-tools-indentation-of edmacro kmacro finder-inf pcase time-date
elec-pair hl-line server benchmark use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core go-mode-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads indent-tools-autoloads info company-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
yaml-pro-autoloads yaml-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads s-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
visual-regexp-autoloads move-text-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
flymake-yamllint-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads
yafolding-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt url-vars cus-edit pp
cus-load wid-edit comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs
gv cl-extra help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 410632 20795)
 (symbols 48 24639 2)
 (strings 32 114748 6369)
 (string-bytes 1 2962579)
 (vectors 16 40436)
 (vector-slots 8 735345 20213)
 (floats 8 98 429)
 (intervals 56 382 0)
 (buffers 976 12))
-- 
Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should
run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet