Subject: bug#61914: IceCat does not start with en_GB.utf8 locale

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 09:54:31 -0500

Hi Timo,

Timo Wilken <[email-masked]> writes:

> I cannot start IceCat with a non-C locale. It opens an almost-blank
> window, and I cannot open new tabs or navigate to any URL.

This is very odd, I've never seen that while testing locales stuff with
IceCat.

> If I run `LANG=C icecat', then it works fine.

Could you try running with a fresh profile?  E.g., 'icecat
--ProfileManager', create a new profile, and start it from there?

It should work.  I suspect the problem may be caused by
'intl.locale.requested' being set to something.  It needs to be unset
for the system locale to be honored, so if that's the problem with your
current profile, you could try clearing it by visiting "about:config" in
the URL bar.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim