Subject: Hyperbole breaks Evil-mode's yank line and delete line operators

From: Markus Nilsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 10:42:24 +0000

Editor: GNU Emacs 28.2
Hyperbole: 8.0.0
Sys Type: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
OS Type: gnu/linux

Expected behaviour:
When using Hyperbole, yanking a line (using evil-mode's "y y" keypress) and
then pasting (using "p") that line will paste with one newline at the end.
Same with deleting a line (using the  "d d" keypress) and pasting.

Actual behaviour:
When using Hyperbole, yanking and then pasting a line or deleting a line
and then pasting will cause the pasted line to have an extra newline at the
end.

Steps to reproduce:
I've uploaded a short video (3:41) to make it easier to reproduce and see
the bug in action: https://youtu.be/7JmTPAPj7dk

1) Have a fresh install of emacs 28.2 with nothing in the ~/.emacs.d
directory
2) Install evil mode
3) With evil mode installed test the yank line operator (yy) and then paste
the yanked line. The line should be pasted with one newline.
4) Test the delete line operator (dd) and then paste. The line should be
pasted with one newline.
5) Install GNU Hyperbole
6) With hyperbole mode installed test the yank line operator (yy) and then
paste the yanked line. The pasted line has an extra newline attached
7) Test the delete line operator (dd) and then paste. Again there is an
extra newline at the end