Subject: Re: bug#61894: [PATCH RFC] Team approval for patches

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 10:22:56 -0800

Hi Ludo',

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 9:22 AM Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Like you I’m glad collaboration is nice and friendly; yet, over the past
> few months I’ve experienced misunderstandings that seemingly broke the
> consensus-based process that has always prevailed.

I have no idea what happened there, but it may be best to be open and
direct about it. Would it be helpful for everyone to share details?

Although you know that already, it would be best to avoid accusations
and look inward with statements like "I was unhappy about ... because
of ...." I might also avoid the word "you" and instead address all
messages to a third party.

When unhappy, we could write to "Yogi Bear". Alternatives would be
"Scooby-Doo" or "Winnie the Poo".

They do something similar in the parliaments around the world.

I picked unisex characters for that reason (although all three appear
a bit more male than female).

Also, why not retitle the bug as "Restore and improve our
consensus-based process"?

Thanks to everyone for working on Guix! We have a truly great, warm
and welcoming community.

Kind regards
Felix