Subject: [bug#61894] [PATCH RFC] Team approval for patches

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 18:17:31 +0000

Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 01 Mar 2023 17:15:26 +0000
> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I guess I'm still a team sceptic, I think the idea is interesting and
>> I have added myself as a member of some teams. But the main impact on
>> me so far is that I've just been getting some unwanted personal email,
>> messages that previously wouldn't have landed in my inbox have been
>> doing so.
>>
>> Regarding this change specifically though, I'm unclear how it would
>> impact the things I push for others. I pushed some patches today,
>> would this mean that I'd have to look at what team/teams are involved
>> (according to /etc/teams.scm.in) for each commit/series, and then
>> either continue if I'm a member of that team, or skip it if I'm not?
>
> I'm on Chris' side. We need less burden to review/push, instead of more
> formal rules/obligations.

Identifying when you share someone's views in a discussion can be
helpful, but I don't see how taking sides is, we should all be on the
same side. Even if this is what you meant, trying to frame things
constructively is always helpful.