Subject: bug#61893: closed (Re: bug#61893: 29.0.60; Indentation in c-ts-mode broken again)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 12:59:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61893: 29.0.60; Indentation in c-ts-mode broken again

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61893: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61893
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61893: 29.0.60; Indentation in c-ts-mode broken again
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 14:58:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 15:26:45 -0800
> Cc: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>,
>  Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>,
>  [email-masked]
> 
> > Line 3381 of dispnew.c: type "C-e RET" -- point goes to the correct
> > column, but line 3381 is reindented incorrectly.
> 
> This is due to it aligning to the previous sibling, aka the comment. Do we want to skip comments for the “align to the prev sibling” rule?

No, this behavior is okay.

> > Lines 34529 and 34530 of xdisp.c: "C-e RET" produces incorrect column
> > of point and reindents line 34530.
> 
> The preproc directive messed the parse tree, and tree-sitter can’t tell that it’s an else statement, so it can’t be easily fixed sadly.

I see.

Thanks for the other fixes.  I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 29.0.60; Indentation in c-ts-mode broken again
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>, Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 16:37:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Indentation in c-ts-mode on today's emacs-29 branch is in muc worse
shape than it was a few days ago.

To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  C-x C-f src/dispnew.c RET
  M-x c-ts-mode RET

Go to line 170 and type "C-e RET": point goes to BOL instead of column
2.  Similar problems happen in many other places in the file.  It also
sometimes happens inside a block: for example, go to line 290 and type
"C-e RET".  But in other places within a block RET behaves correctly.

What happened?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 363, i686-pc-mingw32) of 2023-03-01 built on
 HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: 40c9fc8e3b3f55c9122b95e21660b5709109bd1a
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: C/* 

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
c-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit cl-seq vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc
vc-dispatcher bug-reference byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 81788 11421)
 (symbols 48 9613 0)
 (strings 16 28450 3239)
 (string-bytes 1 916865)
 (vectors 16 15810)
 (vector-slots 8 208511 14555)
 (floats 8 28 75)
 (intervals 40 2215 89)
 (buffers 888 11))