Subject: bug#61882: emacs-next-pgtk does not find emacs-org-roam, other path issues

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 21:47:13 -0400

tags 61882 = moreinfo unreproducible
quit

Hi,

Csepp <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Csepp <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>
>>>> tags 61882 +notabug
>>>> quit
>>>
>>> I don't think notabug applies until we actually know the root cause.
>>
>> Sadly I don't think there's anything actionable here until you can
>> reproduce the problem and share the recipe with us, so I wanted to close
>> the issue without it being marked as "resolved".
>
> Neither "resolved" nor "notabug" are applicable.  If stalled incident
> reports / issues are a problem, they should probably be marked as
> stalled, or needinfo, for easy filtering.  Marking it as notabug is just
> going to make the job of the next person harder when they search for
> issues related to these symptoms.

I don't think a bug as particular as 'my profile got corrupted' without
any way to recreate it has much value; it's also the first time I've
heard of such a report.  That's why I'd prefer to treat it as an oddity
and close it; if it reproduces (by you or others) let's reopen it, with
fresh and clear information.

> I appreciate all the work going into closing old issues, but I don't
> think chasing a low open issue count should be a goal unto itself
> See https://fvsch.com/stale-bots .

To be clear, I wholly agree.  I've now tagged it as moreinfo and
unreproducible.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim