Subject: bug#61882: emacs-next-pgtk does not find emacs-org-roam, other path issues

From: Csepp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 12:16:56 +0100

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, dem 01.03.2023 um 02:58 +0000 schrieb Csepp:
>> emacs-org-roam is installed in my default profile and all the other
>> emacs packages work with the emacs-next-pgtk package in the same
>> profile.
>> guix shell emacs-org-roam emacs-next-pgtk does not work, guix shell
>> emacs-org-roam emacs does.
>> 
>> Possibly related: when I had flatpak installed it was not showing up
>> in my profile's bin directory, so I had to open it through guix
>> shell.
>> 
>> Maybe this is related to the bug where shell and build produce
>> differen derivations?
> You probably messed up some of your paths.  As a hint,
>   guix shell --pure -E DISPLAY emacs-next-pgtk emacs-org-roam -- emacs
> should run without any issues (apart from your init.el not working as
> intended – in that case, supply -Q).
>
> Try adding --check to your invocation of guix shell to see whether your
> rc files are borked.
How the hell would my paths affect what's in the bin folder?  Like, the
flatpak binary is literally not present in the profile, that's why it's
not showing up in $PATH.
Well, I'll check next time I'm on that machine, right now I'm writing
from the netbook and I'm in a bit of a hurry and don't want to wait for
derivation computations.
But I'm like 99% sure it's not due to my paths, because all other emacs
packages work.