Subject: Re: bug#61881: Failed install with 1.4.0 installer-dump-2464c73a

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 10:02:50 +0100

Hi Vagrant,

Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Can you look into directories like /tmp/dump.XXXXX? There should be
>> a .tar.gz somewhere of the dump.
>
> No, that was probably lost when I powered it down. If the dump was
> stored on the to-be-installed-filesystem somewhere, there might be a
> chance to recover it?

No, unfortunately, it's only on the /tmp of the live system.

> I had assumed when it said it uploaded the installer dump that it had
> done so successfully...  (maybe a way to more easily confirm success or
> failure of the dump upload might be worth implementing?)

You mean, manually checking that the upload is actually present on the
server?  That could be doable, right.

> Ah well, I will try again with that installer and/or the "latest"
> installer ... and if I still have similar issues will report back
> ... and will be more determined to capture any relevent dump files!
>
> If I feel adventurous, I might even try on the new laptop itself. :)

Have fun 😇

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret