Subject: bug#61879: Patch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:42:56 +0200

Am Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 09:20:03AM +0100 schrieb Christopher Baines:
> I haven't tried this yet, but I've had a quick look. I'm not sure
> search-patches will work where it is, since that'll be running in the
> build environment, without any access to the patches in the Guix git
> repository.

Good point. But is this not exactly like your previous commit, which
I understood you had tested? But you are right:
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/909454/log/raw
error: in phase 'patch-powerpc': uncaught exception:
unbound-variable #f "Unbound variable: ~S" (search-patch) #f 
phase `patch-powerpc' failed after 0.0 seconds
I will revert (the good news: it indeed did not break any other
architecture).

If we do not have access to the patch during build, we would need to
replace it by an invocation of substitute*, with a lot of escaping of
special characters like line ends, which would be annoying to test
(well, one could test on x86_64 on a dummy package with the same source
as gcc-11).

Andreas