Subject: bug#6187: 23.1; can't save: "Wrong type argument: number-of-marker-p, nil"

From: Ryo Furue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:47:52 -1000 (HST)

Hi Stefan,

| > a fresh emacs daemon and then an emacsclient.  That means,
| > I can't conduct such a systematic test (removing bits
| > from my .emacs one by one) as you suggest.
| 
| Make sure you have debug-on-error set to a non-nil value (e.g. via the
| menu entry "Options => Enter Debugger on Error"), so that (hopefully
| you'll then get a backtrace which will help us figure out what's the
| problem).

OK, I've included "(setq debug-on-error t)" in my .emacs, killed the
emacs daemon, and started a fresh one.  As I feared, the same error
doesn't occur right now.  Eventually it may appear again, and then
I'll send you the backtrace.  But, does that mean you expect
that we may see a different backtrace from the one I sent
you before?

Regards,
Ryo