Subject: [bug#61848] [[PATCH] 0/4] Agda Update and Standard Library

From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 13:10:55 -0500

Hello all,

This patch series adds the option to install agda v2.6.3, and the current
version of the standard library alongside it.

Salient Points:

* Agda v2.6.3 requires ghc-vector-hashtables to build.

* As v2.6.2.2 is an LTS on Stackage, v2.6.3 is implemented as a variant.

* Because of this, a variant of emacs-agda2-mode was created with the same
  version number.

* agda-stdlib needs to be precompiled in order to be usable due to limitations
  in the Agda tooling ecosystem (no way to specify a different default build
  directory aside from either _build or alongside the source, both of which
  are read-only. However, they are also not going to change post-install, so
  while the compilation takes a while it is merely a prerequisite to using the
  library, and not a blocker). I conferred with someone on #agda, and it seems
  this is how Nix does it, mostly (they opt for the --local-interfaces option,
  which makes all interfaces live next to their source files, instead of in a
  dedicated, versioned _build directory, which is the default and what this
  patch does).

Christopher Rodriguez (4):
  gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm: Add ghc-vector-hashtables.
  gnu/packages/agda.scm: Add agda v2.6.3.
  gnu/packages/agda.scm: Add emacs-agda2-mode v2.6.3.
  gnu/packages/agda.scm: Add agda-stdlib v1.7.2.

 gnu/packages/agda.scm        | 70 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm | 23 ++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 93 insertions(+)

-- 
2.39.1