Subject: bug#61841: ‘guix shell’ computes different package derivation than ‘guix build’

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 10:05:12 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Look at this weird phenomenon.
>
> First, with ‘guix build’, everything works as expected:
> [...]
> But now ‘guix shell’ (same revision) wants to build ungoogled-chromium:
> [...]
> Why does ‘guix shell’ want to build a different derivation for the same
> package?

Funnily enough, I don't have that problem locally: the `guix shell`
invocation only tells me it's gonna build a profile derivation (I don't
have ungoogled-chromium in my store btw), and the input derivation for
that profile is the same as for `guix build`.

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret