Subject: bug#6182: closed (Re: bug#6182: crash while compiling gnus-sum.el on a debug build)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 00:08:01 +0000

Your bug report

#6182: crash while compiling gnus-sum.el on a debug build

which was filed against the emacs,w32 package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6182: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6182
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6182: crash while compiling gnus-sum.el on a debug build
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 02:06:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

#6182 and #6919 seem to be bugs in some 4.X releases of the MinGW GCC compiler.

Perhaps related to running it on 64-bit Windows, as the recent report
of Dani Moncayo also happened on Windows 7 64-bit:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-07/msg00207.html

I'm closing them both. Will reopen if new information arises.

Subject: crash while compiling gnus-sum.el on a debug build
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 10:36:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.0.50
Package: emacs

I get a crash byte-compiling gnus-sum.el:

   emacs -batch -Q -f batch-byte-compile gnus-sum.el

but:

 - it only happens on a debug build (built with MinGW gcc 4.5.0)
 - it does *not* happen when bootstrapping

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 2580.0xe10]
0x759c22a2 in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x759c22a2 in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from
C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
#1  0x012ed3b8 in w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7375
#2  0x012c10e5 in relinquish () at ralloc.c:354
#3  0x012c1d12 in r_alloc_sbrk (size=-921600) at ralloc.c:937
#4  0x0111a2f5 in _free_internal_nolock (ptr=0x3598000) at gmalloc.c:1262
#5  0x0111a68b in _free_internal (ptr=0x3598000) at gmalloc.c:1355
#6  0x0111a6b9 in e_free (ptr=0x3598000) at gmalloc.c:1370
#7  0x0104155f in emacs_blocked_free (ptr=0x3598000, ptr2=0xfffffffe)
at alloc.c:1207
#8  0x0111a6ac in e_free (ptr=0x3598000) at gmalloc.c:1368
#9  0x01040d76 in xfree (block=0x3598000) at alloc.c:793
#10 0x01040e8b in safe_alloca_unwind (arg=50719323) at alloc.c:823
#11 0x0103c284 in unbind_to (count=102, value=50690074) at eval.c:3444
#12 0x01122a3e in load_charset_map_from_file (charset=0x313dbd4,
mapfile=20251713, control_flag=1) at charset.c:573
#13 0x011230d9 in load_charset (charset=0x313dbd4, control_flag=1) at
charset.c:673
#14 0x0112b608 in decode_char (charset=0x313dbd4, code=225) at charset.c:1781
#15 0x0114eef0 in decode_coding_charset (coding=0x88c048) at coding.c:5656
#16 0x01156594 in decode_coding (coding=0x88c048) at coding.c:7177
#17 0x01159fd1 in decode_coding_object (coding=0x88c048,
src_object=51720145, from=0, from_byte=0, to=1, to_byte=1,
dst_object=50690098)
    at coding.c:7864
#18 0x011605cc in code_convert_string (string=51720145,
coding_system=51061650, dst_object=50690098, encodep=0, nocopy=0,
norecord=0)
    at coding.c:9158
#19 0x01160703 in Fdecode_coding_string (string=51720145,
coding_system=51061650, nocopy=50690074, buffer=50690074) at
coding.c:9200
#20 0x0103a9c6 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88c388) at eval.c:3083
#21 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=51683505, vector=53034757,
maxdepth=20) at bytecode.c:680
#22 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=52180869, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88c64c) at eval.c:3260
#23 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88c648) at eval.c:3119
#24 0x01039d1f in call1 (fn=52180869, arg1=52733822) at eval.c:2868
#25 0x01104ccf in mapcar1 (leni=2, vals=0x88c6e0, fn=52180869,
seq=52733806) at fns.c:2460
#26 0x0110510a in Fmapcar (function=52180869, sequence=52733806) at fns.c:2532
#27 0x0103a881 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88c7e0) at eval.c:3076
#28 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=51683745, vector=53034565,
maxdepth=12) at bytecode.c:680
#29 0x010389f2 in Feval (form=52733574) at eval.c:2420
#30 0x010351f1 in Fdefvar (args=52733630) at eval.c:861
#31 0x01038508 in Feval (form=52733646) at eval.c:2361
#32 0x011116e5 in readevalloop (readcharfun=50818050,
stream=0x77472980, sourcename=52411905, evalfun=0x1037fcc <Feval>,
printflag=0,
    unibyte=50690074, readfun=50690074, start=50690074, end=50690074)
at lread.c:1785
#33 0x0110f778 in Fload (file=52445969, noerror=50690074,
nomessage=50690098, nosuffix=50690074, must_suffix=50690098) at
lread.c:1262
#34 0x011065bd in Frequire (feature=52496274, filename=50690074,
noerror=50690074) at fns.c:2950
#35 0x0103a91f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88d280) at eval.c:3079
#36 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=52442161, vector=52507653,
maxdepth=40) at bytecode.c:680
#37 0x010389f2 in Feval (form=52713942) at eval.c:2420
#38 0x011116e5 in readevalloop (readcharfun=50818050,
stream=0x77472960, sourcename=52442225, evalfun=0x1037fcc <Feval>,
printflag=0,
    unibyte=50690074, readfun=50690074, start=50690074, end=50690074)
at lread.c:1785
#39 0x0110f778 in Fload (file=20483593, noerror=50690074,
nomessage=50690098, nosuffix=50690074, must_suffix=50690098) at
lread.c:1262
#40 0x011065bd in Frequire (feature=51868082, filename=50690074,
noerror=50690074) at fns.c:2950
#41 0x0103a91f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88dd24) at eval.c:3079
#42 0x010390b4 in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x88dd24) at eval.c:2516
#43 0x0103a45a in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88dd20) at eval.c:3054
#44 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=51082833, vector=52925573,
maxdepth=12) at bytecode.c:680
#45 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=51997861, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88dfd4) at eval.c:3260
#46 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88dfd0) at eval.c:3119
#47 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=51684193, vector=50803781,
maxdepth=16) at bytecode.c:680
#48 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=52002117, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88e284) at eval.c:3260
#49 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88e280) at eval.c:3119
#50 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=50817729, vector=52926853,
maxdepth=16) at bytecode.c:680
#51 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=52031493, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88e544) at eval.c:3260
#52 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88e540) at eval.c:3119
#53 0x010386b1 in Feval (form=50960702) at eval.c:2387
#54 0x0103664b in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=55331914,
bodyform=50960702, handlers=50960174) at eval.c:1455
#55 0x011ec798 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=50911265, vector=53700101,
maxdepth=64) at bytecode.c:870
#56 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=52032837, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x88e9c4) at eval.c:3260
#57 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88e9c0) at eval.c:3119
#58 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=50975201, vector=55123461,
maxdepth=32) at bytecode.c:680
#59 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=52034853, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88ebe0) at eval.c:3260
#60 0x0103af8f in apply_lambda (fun=52034853, args=51396974,
eval_flag=1) at eval.c:3184
#61 0x01038e62 in Feval (form=51397046) at eval.c:2456
#62 0x0103664b in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=51239394,
bodyform=51397046, handlers=51399438) at eval.c:1455
#63 0x011ec798 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=55226385, vector=52248645,
maxdepth=12) at bytecode.c:870
#64 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=52252517, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88f0a4) at eval.c:3260
#65 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f0a0) at eval.c:3119
#66 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=55230017, vector=55333637,
maxdepth=20) at bytecode.c:680
#67 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=51059173, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f364) at eval.c:3260
#68 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f360) at eval.c:3119
#69 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=20444401, vector=20444885,
maxdepth=40) at bytecode.c:680
#70 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=20444373, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88f634) at eval.c:3260
#71 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f630) at eval.c:3119
#72 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=20427009, vector=20427941,
maxdepth=28) at bytecode.c:680
#73 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=20426989, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f8f4) at eval.c:3260
#74 0x0103ad68 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f8f0) at eval.c:3119
#75 0x011ebc26 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=20423681, vector=20423901,
maxdepth=24) at bytecode.c:680
#76 0x0103b548 in funcall_lambda (fun=20423661, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88fb10) at eval.c:3260
#77 0x0103af8f in apply_lambda (fun=20423661, args=50690074,
eval_flag=1) at eval.c:3184
#78 0x01038e62 in Feval (form=51157774) at eval.c:2456
#79 0x01006feb in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1365
#80 0x0103672d in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x1006fd8
<top_level_2>, handlers=50747634, hfun=0x1006ae8 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1510
#81 0x01007022 in top_level_1 () at keyboard.c:1373
#82 0x010361af in internal_catch (tag=50745802, func=0x1006fed
<top_level_1>, arg=50690074) at eval.c:1246
#83 0x01006f5b in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1328
#84 0x010061f3 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:950
#85 0x0100670e in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:1012
#86 0x01002bcd in main (argc=6, argv=0xc22f88) at emacs.c:1782

Lisp Backtrace:
"decode-coding-string" (0x88c38c)
0x31c3785 PVEC_COMPILED
"mapcar" (0x88c7e4)
"byte-code" (0x88c9e4)
"defvar" (0x88cb5c)
"require" (0x88d284)
"byte-code" (0x88d4a4)
"require" (0x88dd28)
"apply" (0x88dd24)
"byte-compile-file-form-require" (0x88dfd4)
"byte-compile-file-form" (0x88e284)
0x319f005 PVEC_COMPILED
"funcall" (0x88e540)
"byte-compile-from-buffer" (0x88e9c4)
"byte-compile-file" (0x88ebe0)
"batch-byte-compile-file" (0x88f0a4)
"batch-byte-compile" (0x88f364)
"command-line-1" (0x88f634)
"command-line" (0x88f8f4)
"normal-top-level" (0x88fb10)
(gdb)