Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] New user option 'doc-view-svg-honor-theme'

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:33:02 +0100

Hi,

Here is a new user option to make DocView, with SVG backend, honor the
current theme colors.

>From c8bf763dc0392ef9059044ff724aca825cd450be Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:25:17 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] New user option 'doc-view-svg-honor-theme'

* lisp/doc-view.el (doc-view-svg-honor-theme): New user option
that makes SVG in DocView to follow the current theme.
(doc-view-insert-image): Use it.
---
 etc/NEWS         |  8 ++++++++
 lisp/doc-view.el | 19 +++++++++++++++----
 2 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/etc/NEWS b/etc/NEWS
index 4b0e4e6bd46..ea8297f932e 100644
--- a/etc/NEWS
+++ b/etc/NEWS
@@ -192,6 +192,14 @@ This command adds a docstring comment to the current defun.  If a
 comment already exists, point is only moved to the comment.  It is
 bound to 'C-c C-d' in 'go-ts-mode'.
 
+** DocView
+
+---
+*** New user option 'doc-view-svg-honor-theme'
+When set to non-nil, this option tells DocView to follow the current
+theme background and foreground colors instead of
+'doc-view-svg-background' and 'doc-view-svg-foreground'.
+
 
 * New Modes and Packages in Emacs 30.1
 
diff --git a/lisp/doc-view.el b/lisp/doc-view.el
index 0303fec67a6..5d2348a023f 100644
--- a/lisp/doc-view.el
+++ b/lisp/doc-view.el
@@ -237,17 +237,25 @@ doc-view-imenu-flatten
   :version "29.1")
 
 (defcustom doc-view-svg-background "white"
-  "Background color for svg images.
+  "Background color for svg images.  This is bypassed if
+`doc-view-svg-honor-theme' is non-nil.
 See `doc-view-mupdf-use-svg'."
   :type 'color
   :version "29.1")
 
 (defcustom doc-view-svg-foreground "black"
-  "Foreground color for svg images.
+  "Foreground color for svg images.  This is bypassed if
+`doc-view-svg-honor-theme' is non-nil.
 See `doc-view-mupdf-use-svg'."
   :type 'color
   :version "29.1")
 
+(defcustom doc-view-svg-honor-theme nil
+  "Does SVG foreground and background color honor the current
+theme."
+  :type 'boolean
+  :version "30.1")
+
 (defcustom doc-view-ghostscript-options
   '("-dSAFER" ;; Avoid security problems when rendering files from untrusted
     ;; sources.
@@ -1602,8 +1610,11 @@ doc-view-insert-image
                           (unless (member :transform-smoothing args)
                             (setq args `(,@args :transform-smoothing t)))
                           (when (eq doc-view--image-type 'svg)
-                            (setq args `(,@args :background ,doc-view-svg-background
-                                               :foreground ,doc-view-svg-foreground)))
+                            (if doc-view-svg-honor-theme
+                                (setq args `(,@args :background ,(face-background 'default)
+                                                    :foreground ,(face-foreground 'default)))
+                              (setq args `(,@args :background ,doc-view-svg-background
+                                                  :foreground ,doc-view-svg-foreground))))
 			  (apply #'create-image file doc-view--image-type nil args))))
 	     (slice (doc-view-current-slice))
 	     (img-width (and image (car (image-size image))))
-- 
2.39.1

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.8) of 2023-02-25 built on computer
Repository revision: 50b55656b9c5ce0d7940bec245f2d9725378d0a0
Repository branch: mgi/image-dired-sha1-content
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#1052 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug ef-dark-theme ffap gnus-dup display-line-numbers
debbugs-gnu debbugs-compat debbugs soap-client warnings rng-xsd
xsd-regexp doctor ef-summer-theme ef-themes descr-text two-column
completion dos-w32 find-cmd find-dired vc-annotate ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox w3m-cookie w3m-form w3m-symbol w3m-filter
w3m-search w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session shortdoc ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs mailalias smtpmail ispell whitespace
magit-patch pulse flow-fill gnus-fun sort shr-color mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh network-stream
nsm nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
nntp gnus-cache nnrss w3m w3m-hist bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-fb tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util cl-print magit-extras
face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils
dash misearch multi-isearch dabbrev image-dired-dired tabify cus-start
image-file image-converter image-dired image-dired-tags
image-dired-external image-dired-util help-fns radix-tree gnus-cite
org-indent vc-dir ewoc reveal sh-script executable texinfo
texinfo-loaddefs org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree
oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
ol-docview ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi doc-view
jka-compr vc-hg conf-mode css-mode treesit smie sgml-mode facemenu imenu
eww xdg url-queue mm-url vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util make-mode
image-mode exif vc gnus-dired bug-reference paredit edmacro autorevert
filenotify vc-git diff-mode emacs-news-mode time battery exwm-randr
xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb
exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
xcb-debug kmacro server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes ytdious mingus
libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace transmission color calc-bin
calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs w3m-load supercite regi
ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase
timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func org-version
org-compat org-macs visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table
erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep
slime-tramp tramp rx tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit
cus-load wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
icons pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads view mule-util cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays holiday-loaddefs vc-dispatcher vc-svn appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-aux
dired-x dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode
desktop frameset osm-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads compat-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1512155 229321)
 (symbols 48 82894 34)
 (strings 32 400421 16188)
 (string-bytes 1 11938432)
 (vectors 16 205097)
 (vector-slots 8 3788745 177059)
 (floats 8 1337 1048)
 (intervals 56 78970 13761)
 (buffers 984 173))

-- 
Manuel Giraud