Subject: bug#61814: [RFC] Asynchronous, jit-lock-based Flyspell

From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 00:31:19 -0800

Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 at 17:11, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>>> From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
>>> Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 15:56:00 +0100
>>> 
>>> Also, one obvious glitch is that one gets JIT™ corrections for the word
>>> being currently typed.  Before going on an writing some ugly logic to
>>> avoid that, and since one can influence an overlay appearance when the
>>> mouse pointer hovers it, I was wondering if there's something analogous
>>> for the cursor.

There is ‘cursor-sensor-functions’, but it requires
‘cursor-sensor-functions’ to be on. IIUC you want the squiggly lines
remain invisible until point leaves the overlay, right? You probably
have thought of this, but what about simply checking whether there is
any whitespace character between point and the word being checked,
before creating the overlay? Would that work?