Subject: bug#6180: 23.2; Windows XP: crash when scrolling down after 'M-x describe-fontset' or 'C-h h'

From: Robert Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 21:16:00 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Why what? why Windows or why XP?

Why XP mostly. I can understand why people may prefer or be forced to
use Windows (even though that's something I personally try hard to
avoid), but I'd figure anyone that could have moved on from XP would
have by now. Especially because, as I mentioned, XP is no longer
receiving any updates or security fixes of any sort, making XP users
relatively more vulnerable (although I acknowledge that the knowledgeable
can take measures to reduce the risk).

If you're still using XP, there's obviously a reason of some sort, by
choice or otherwise. I hadn't realized that some people on the Emacs
lists were still using XP, otherwise I would have responded
differently. Please don't take what I've already said in a negative or
derogatory way.
-- 
~Robert Cochran

GPG Fingerprint - E778 2DD4 FEA6 6A68 6F26  AD2D E5C3 EB36 4886 8871