Subject: Re: bug#6180: 23.2; Windows XP: crash when scrolling down after 'M-x describe-fontset' or 'C-h h'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 20:27:55 -0400

[Adding David Ernst back on cc, on the off chance he might still be
interested after all these years]

Robert Cochran <[email-masked]> writes:

> Windows XP has been completely EOL'd since April 8, 2014 (a little over
> 2 years at the time of writing). I'm not entirely sure of the official
> policy on supporting OSes that are no longer supported by their
> vendor,

Well, in practice the policy is that we support whatever people are
willing to provide support for.  And Eli is willing to support Windows
versions that are even older than XP.

> The only thing that we can reasonably do IMO is check newer Windows and
> see if problems persist.

This sounds a lot like 23935 (i.e., it's likely to be font-specific),
though Drew reported (on Windows 7) that 24.5, 23.4.1, and 22.3 did not
crash when displaying HELLO.  I think we may as well close both as
unreproducible, as there doesn't seem to be any possiblity of making
progress on them.