Subject: bug#61798: infodoc patch doesn't apply to linux 6.2

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 21:21:19 -0500

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 11:55:51AM -0500, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>  .../patches/linux-libre-infodocs-target.patch |  88 ++++++

This patch doesn't apply to linux-libre 6.2.1, as shown below. If I
understand correctly, it's been applied upstream, but I don't understand
how to adjust things on our end.

Can you take a look and send a patch that applies on top of #61770?

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/61770

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/469982/details
------
applying '/gnu/store/b9kc2xs6407hmpzcvx44g1mi88ls0509-linux-libre-infodocs-target.patch'...
Backtrace:
           5 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/6hr5qlvj92idkp2hmnwk7f16ah4?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  4 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7fffeffcfc80> "lin?") #))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    142:2  3 (dynamic-wind #<procedure 7fffeff727a0 at ice-9/eval.s?> ?)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  2 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7fffeffcfc80>)))
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9  1 (for-each #<procedure apply-patch (a)> _)
In guix/build/utils.scm:
    762:6  0 (invoke "/gnu/store/z39hnrwds1dgcbpfgj8dnv2cngjb2xbl-p?" ?)

guix/build/utils.scm:762:6: In procedure invoke:
ERROR:
  1. &invoke-error:
      program: "/gnu/store/z39hnrwds1dgcbpfgj8dnv2cngjb2xbl-patch-2.7.6/bin/patch"
      arguments: ("--force" "--no-backup-if-mismatch" "-p1" "--input" "/gnu/store/b9kc2xs6407hmpzcvx44g1mi88ls0509-linux-libre-infodocs-target.patch")
      exit-status: 1
      term-signal: #f
      stop-signal: #f
builder for
`/gnu/store/qvhbmfmsjryxs0mwmv0apl2110vdmaz2-linux-libre-6.2.1-guix.tar.xz.drv' failed with exit code 1
------