Subject: [bug#61789] [PATCH 00/27] Deprecate old-style services.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 18:09:25 +0100

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Victal <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Should completely deprecate every old-style service from Guix.
> Some had conflicting default values and some had to be rewritten.
>
> For some services the documentation is _still_ incomplete but should still result in an improvement over the status quo.
>
>
> Note: #60756 also deprecates one such old-style service but is not included
> in this patch series.
>
> [1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/60756

I pushed this series (see commits below), except for patches that I
explicitly mentioned here.  I suggest that we discuss each one of them
independently in a new issue.

Thanks for taking the time to do all this work!

Ludo’.

2799ad4423 * services: dbus: Deprecate 'dbus-service' procedure.
7c23dab85c * services: spice: Deprecate 'spice-vdagent-service' procedure.
e24555234a * services: lirc: Deprecate 'lirc-service' procedure.
eddd9b1240 * services: vpn: Deprecate 'openvpn-client-service' & 'openvpn-server-service' procedures.
c6cbce9ad8 * services: mail: Deprecate 'dovecot-service' procedure.
be1435d668 * services: desktop: Deprecate 'bluetooth-service' procedure.
ae0975332c * services: desktop: Deprecate 'geoclue-service' procedure.
e8f161ea11 * services: desktop: Deprecate 'udisks-service' procedure.
ffc5d42fc2 * services: dbus: Deprecate 'polkit-service' procedure.
c3dc13e29c * services: desktop: Deprecate 'accountsservice-service' procedure.
ca3a73de3d * services: elogind-configuration: Do not ignore 'handle-hibernate-key' by default.
00767d967d * services: desktop: Deprecate 'elogind-service' procedure.
3b2e88011a * services: ssh: Deprecate 'dropbear-service' procedure.
0e21015fd2 * services: ssh: Deprecate 'lsh-service' procedure.
31b1e22926 * services: base: Deprecate 'rngd-service' procedure.
2e7516168e * services: base: Deprecate 'udev-service' procedure.
6edacf2491 * services: base: Deprecate 'syslog-service' procedure.
98e9dc6ab7 * services: base: Deprecate 'nscd-service' procedure.
5bd5e77281 * doc: kmscon-service-type: Use @defvar @-command.
4892c0186e * services: base: Deprecate 'agetty-service' procedure.
ad665a38fc * services: base: Deprecate 'mingetty-service' procedure.
6dd635b4cf * services: base: Deprecate 'login-service' procedure.
cb00e600ff * services: base: Deprecate 'host-name-service' procedure.