Subject: Re: bug#61782: About some warning building Emacs master on MSYS2/MINGW64 [autogen, configure]

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 15:38:38 -0800

On 2023-02-25 01:49, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> The second one is due to m4/xattr.m4.  Paul, this test should not be
> run on MS-Windows (although running it is mostly harmless), as xattr
> will not be supported there.

Perhaps something like the attached untested patch? Please feel free to 
install it if it works.

diff --git a/nt/mingw-cfg.site b/nt/mingw-cfg.site
index 7ca19cbad0..425eaace30 100644
--- a/nt/mingw-cfg.site
+++ b/nt/mingw-cfg.site
@@ -170,3 +170,6 @@ gl_cv_func_free_preserves_errno=yes
 # Don't build the Gnulib nanosleep module: it requires W2K or later,
 # and MinGW does have nanosleep.
 gl_cv_func_nanosleep=yes
+# Suppress configure-time diagnostic from unnecessary libxattr check,
+# as xattr will not be supported here.
+enable_xattr=no