Subject: bug#6178: [PATCH] Adding per-server email-userid support for erc

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:04:28 -0400

George Kadianakis wrote:

> Package: erc

"erc" is not a valid package, so this ended up on the help-debbugs list.
I am resending it so it appears on the bug-gnu-emacs list.

I suggest people forget about packages on the whole. You can just put
"erc" in the title for much the same effect. Though if you want to use
the submit@ address as opposed to bug-gnu-emacs, you should specify a
package "emacs".

Please also not that "emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com" was retired some
time ago (though it still works), it is "debbugs.gnu.org" now.

> Tags: patch
>
> The attached patch adds support for per-server configuration of the
> erc-email-userid variable.
> For example: (erc :server "my.irc.net" :port 6667 :nick "test"
> :full-name "test" :email-userid "test") will set the email-userid to
> "test" for the my.irc.net server.

Patch can be seen at

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6178