Subject: bug#6177: 23.2; emacs crashes when reverting a file

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:13:41 -0500

On Wed May 12 2010 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I've encountered a situation, where reverting a file reproducibly
> > crashes emacs.  I do not know much about debugging emacs on this level.
> > I've reproduced the crash under gdb. 
> > xbacktrace doesn't give any information.
> 
> Can you show the steps to reproduce this, starting with "emacs -Q"?

I can try to boil it down to some simpler sequence. The crash occurs
with some larger package I've been working with where reverting
buffers did not quite work the way it is supposed to. At some point
I ended up with the situation that reverting a buffer reproducibly
crashes emacs. Yet it could well be the case that the real cause is
only loosely related to reverting.

If I don't succeed with pinning this down, I'll post the whole code
so that someone more knowledgeable can look into this.

Any hints on what these crashes are possibly be related with
according to the backtrace are greatly appreciated.

Roland