Subject: Re: bug#61748: 27.2; Eglot should use shell-file-name when launching the language server for a remote file

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 15:10:39 +0100

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi João,

> At the very least, the documentation of tramp-remote-path should
> state that the variable doesn't take immediate effect and that
> something must be done (is it really restarting Emacs, or is there
> some M-x tramp-cleanup-* thing that has to be done?)
>
> So, if "anything goes", is such a minimal docstring patch
> acceptable?

Sure. RTFM :-)

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
   When remote search paths are changed, local TRAMP caches must be
recomputed.  To force TRAMP to recompute afresh, call ‘M-x
tramp-cleanup-this-connection <RET>’ or friends (*note Cleanup remote
connections::).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

See also the whole discussion at (info "(tramp) Remote programs")

I'm open for proposals to improve the text.

> João

Best regards, Michael.