Subject: Re: [informatique] Re: bug#61748: 27.2; Eglot should use shell-file-name when launching the language server for a remote file

From: Jérôme M. Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 18:59:00 +0100

On 2/27/23 1:05 PM, João Távora wrote:
> After a bit more investigation, I'm not sure this is a bug after all.
> It might be.  My symptoms were the same as jeberger's but
> my setup is slightly different (I'm not using zsh on the remote).
>
> At least in my case, I was able to make Eglot/Tramp work successfully
> by adding 'tramp-own-remote-path' to the 'tramp-remote-path' list.
> If I do that, everything works as expected.
>
> In my case I was using simply a /bin/sh on the remote server
> and the user had a ~/bin directory that her ~/.profile adds to PATH.
> But without the 'tramp-own-remote-path' fix, the shell used by Tramp
> is not interactive and thus won't consider ~/.profile at all.
>
> It's a bit unfortunate that in such a simple case, there is this hoop
> to jump over.  But since at least it can be jumped over, I will add this
> to the Eglot manual section on Tramp-related troubleshooting.

     I already had `tramp-own-remote-path` in my `tramp-remote-path`. 
But I don't use `~/.profile` to setup my path so it doesn't help for 
Eglot. Note that Eglot is the only tool which has this issue: others 
(e.g. `counsel-rg`) work fine over Tramp and pick up the path from `zsh` 
correctly.

     Jérôme

-- 
mailto:[email-masked]
http://jeberger.free.fr
Diaspora*: https://framasphere.org/u/jeberger