Subject: Re: bug#61742: icecat.desktop show ??????????

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 16:14:48 -0500

Hi,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Interestingly, this older icecat in my store, at version 102.7.0 didn't
>> have that problem:
>
> You can bisect this by using
> https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/icecat/output-history
>
> I see this problem start to happen with
> /gnu/store/2a67f3c5lv14bq11vyyb6k2z2aw457nk-icecat-102.8.0-guix0-preview1
>
> So it's probably these changes here
> https://data.guix.gnu.org/compare?base_commit=636b771536b95d15a2fd68b468deeebac97d6bee&target_commit=d318ccc36308171a74b4863ea25a3dded05a2851
>

Thanks!  I investigated a bit, and found that the problem was caused by
the use of the trivial-build-system in the make-mozilla-with-l10n
procedure of (gnu packages gnuzilla), which doesn't install a UTF-8
locale.

It should be fixed with 89e5f3f3847b3bfd507ea9f0874a73f99a53cbf9 ("gnu:
make-mozilla-with-l10n: Use the copy-build-system.").

Thanks to everyone!

-- 
Maxim