Subject: Re: bug#6174: 23.2; mouse-sel-mode doc is misleading

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 16:36:52 -0400

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I was thinking of something more specific like:
>>
>> user emacs24.2
>> usertags fixme
>>
>> but since "pending" is sufficiently general to be applicable to other
>> debbugs packages (and since bugs.debian.org supports it), you can have
>> that as a "normal" tag, if "the Emacs community" would like such a tag.
>
> What do the rest of you think?
>
> The suggestion is to add the flag "pending" for stuff that should be
> done (and we know how to do; like with a patch or the like), but that
> has to wait until after Emacs is opened up for new features the next
> cycle.
>
> This is not for "wishlist" stuff, but concrete fixes that should be
> applied, but not right now.
>
> The idea is that once the next cycle starts (in this case, Emacs 24),
> one could then go through all the "pending" bug reports pretty speedily
> and apply the stuff then.

Glen Morris's suggestion above attaches a specific version to the tag
(possibly in a non-standard fashion).  I think a pending flags is just
fine, but it needs to be attached to a version number somehow.
Otherwise it is inevitable that a report with the pending tag will
remain "pending" at the time of the next release, with no one possibly
realizing that it was meant for that release, and not the one
succeeding.

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])