Subject: bug#61734: closed (Re: bug#61734: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Defaults to zero for image-dired--number-of-thumbnails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 14:25:03 +0000

Your bug report

#61734: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Defaults to zero for image-dired--number-of-thumbnails

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61734: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61734
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61734: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Defaults to zero for image-dired--number-of-thumbnails
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 16:23:49 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 14:31:18 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Thanks, installed on the emacs-29 branch.
> 
> Thanks.  You can close this bug report if you want and I'll make another
> one for the other part of the patch (for main branch).

Done.

Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Defaults to zero for image-dired--number-of-thumbnails
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 17:02:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Here is a patch to avoid "wrong type error" upon comparision to zero of
image-dired--number-of-thumbnails.  How to reproduce:

    - Do not have an existing *image-dired* buffer
    - Hit 'C-t a' (image-dired-display-thumbs-append) on an image file
      from Dired

>From c88f74aaa381580c183a8692bc467bfef7cd192b Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 16:42:48 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Defaults to zero for image-dired--number-of-thumbnails

* lisp/image/image-dired.el (image-dired--number-of-thumbnails):
Defaults to zero to avoid wrong type error down the line.
---
 lisp/image/image-dired.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/image/image-dired.el b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
index 8e2a75a418f..6ecb307ce12 100644
--- a/lisp/image/image-dired.el
+++ b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
@@ -546,7 +546,7 @@ image-dired--line-up-with-method
         (t
          (image-dired-line-up-dynamic))))
 
-(defvar-local image-dired--number-of-thumbnails nil)
+(defvar-local image-dired--number-of-thumbnails 0)
 
 ;;;###autoload
 (defun image-dired-display-thumbs (&optional arg append do-not-pop)
-- 
2.39.1

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.8) of 2023-02-23 built on computer
Repository revision: c88f74aaa381580c183a8692bc467bfef7cd192b
Repository branch: mgi/image-dired-fix
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#1052 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-cite mail-extr
gnus-draft gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache
url-auth utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh network-stream nsm
nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp
gnus-cache nnrss w3m w3m-hist bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-fb tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util pulse image-file image-converter
image-dired-dired image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util org-indent vc-dir ewoc vc reveal pascal sh-script
executable texinfo texinfo-loaddefs org-element org-persist org-id
org-refile avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif vc-hg conf-mode css-mode
treesit smie sgml-mode facemenu imenu eww xdg url-queue mm-url
autorevert filenotify vc-git diff-mode bug-reference paredit edmacro
gnus-dired time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm
exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes ytdious mingus libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace
transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
w3m-load supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar
ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func org-version org-compat org-macs visual-basic-mode cl web-mode
derived disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads view mule-util
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
holiday-loaddefs vc-dispatcher vc-svn appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-aux dired-x dired dired-loaddefs
notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode desktop frameset osm-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads compat-autoloads ebdb-autoloads magit-autoloads
debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads paredit-autoloads
dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads transmission-autoloads
transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
detached-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 681910 47010)
 (symbols 48 58183 11)
 (strings 32 185661 11716)
 (string-bytes 1 7215305)
 (vectors 16 108542)
 (vector-slots 8 2228124 137704)
 (floats 8 1047 375)
 (intervals 56 9844 144)
 (buffers 984 87))

-- 
Manuel Giraud