Subject: Re: bug#61726: [PATCH] Eglot: Support positionEncoding capability

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 13:13:16 +0000

On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 10:33 AM João Távora <[email-masked]> wrote:

> So I pushed this much faster, simpler version to emacs-29.
>
> I credited Eli in the commit, as we wrote the code. Hope
> that's OK.

Sorry, I meant to write "he wrote the code".  But actually Augusto
also wrote some of it.  So fortunately I also added a "Co-authored-by"
note.

Anyway, I _also_ did some more stuff:

* Pushed the latest patch by Augusto

* Pushed a renaming/redocumenting obsoletion-establishing patch.  Now
Eglot talks of "linepos" instead of "column".

* Tested this against actual LSP servers supporting and not supporting
the positionEncodings capabilities (clangd, rust-analyzer, pylsp).

Have a look and let me know if I missed something important.

I think the only thing missing to close this bug is that `eglot--lbpos` alias
that Augusto proposed.

All in all, I'm happy to wrap up this long discussion where I re-learned
some coding system stuff.  I'm also quite happy to have doubled the
performance of one of Eglot's hotspots thanks to a somewhat accidental
discovery from both of you, so thank you very much.

João