Subject: bug#61699: 28.2; Menu Icon / Window Height interaction

From: D Huff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:41:31 -0800

From: Don Huff <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 28.2; Menu Icon / Window Height interaction
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:38:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

I start an incremental search, the menu icons change, the Help icon is
larger, a life-saver right, the frame height remains constant. Then I
abort the search and the menu icons change back but the frame hieght
gets shorter by the amount that the Icon was larger.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6)
  of 2023-01-28 built on buildvm-x86-04.iad2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201008
System Description: Fedora Linux 37 (Thirty Seven)

Configured using:
  'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
  --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
  --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
  --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
  --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
  --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
  --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
  --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=no
  --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-harfbuzz --with-cairo --with-json
  --with-native-compilation build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
  host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2
  -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches
  -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
  -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
  -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
  -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
  -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
  LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Web

Minor modes in effect:
   global-tab-line-mode: t
   tab-line-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/php-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/php-mode/php-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc misearch
multi-isearch vc-dispatcher vc-filewise vc-rcs time-date dired-aux
tab-line dired-x dired dired-loaddefs printing ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr which-func imenu cus-load web-mode
disp-table php-mode advice derived edmacro kmacro rx speedbar ezimage
dframe etags fileloop generator xref flymake-proc flymake project
compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring warnings thingatpt
cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs add-log clang-rename clang-include-fixer
let-alist json subr-x map seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
clang-format cl-macs gv xml cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 299352 10491)
  (symbols 48 14790 0)
  (strings 32 52129 3268)
  (string-bytes 1 1837169)
  (vectors 16 26058)
  (vector-slots 8 484426 22665)
  (floats 8 382 128)
  (intervals 56 11166 98)
  (buffers 992 23))